Sunday, February 12, 2023

Tasting- Upshot Red Wine Blend

 

Name: Upshot Red Wine Blend

Variety: Malbec, Zinfandel, Merlot, Petit Verdot, Riesling

Region: Sonoma County, California

Year: 2019

Price: $16.99


Shop review: Excellent nose with a hint of vanilla, pleasantly dry, lightly red with some blackberry, nice quick finish with a pleasant acid level -Harris Wood


Wine Folly: pg 125 Malbec, I got the blackberry and dark fruit flavors but I couldn't get any of the cocoa. Next time I drink this blend I'll try and see if I can taste it. pg 189 Zinfandel, I got the sweet tobacco taste, there was some bitterness to this blended wine so this makes sense. 


My review: Great wine! I usually lean towards white wines, but this was a wine I would purchase again. The smell was fruity and a bit oaky. The dark fruit flavors came out when I tasted it. I also tasted a bit of bitterness like oak or sandalwood. I would be interested to try this wine again with food. Overall, would try again!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting- Slow Press Sauvignon Blanc

  Name : Slow Pess Sauvignon Blanc Variety : Sauvignon Blanc Region : Monterey, CA Year : 2016 Price : $6.95 Shop Review : This Monterey Cou...