Monday, March 13, 2023

Tasting- Casa Bella Colli Piacentini

 

Name: Casa Bella Colli Piacentini


Variety: Candia Malvasia


Region: Emilia Romagna, Italy


Year: 2020


Price: $7.95


Shop Review: This has all the light floral qualities of the Malvasia Secca Frizzante, whilst capturing the heady aromatics of late summer, with delicious hones tones to it. The natural sparkle gives it a much lighter, uplifting edge rather than a classic still dessert, and will help to keep the evening going even with a really rich dessert. 


Wine Folly: (found on the website)white peach, wildflowers, green almond, basil, seashell

The wildflower flavor and aroma was very strong, I really liked it. I could taste a very light fruit flavor which would be the white peach but the main flavor of this wine was the wildflowers. I could not taste seashells, but also I would not know what they taste like.


Personal Review: This was a fantastic wine, probably the first wine that really had me thinking about how I enjoyed it so much. It had a very strong floral smell and flavor. It was sweet but not too sweet, and the light carbonation made it super refreshing. I bought a bottle for myself and will be drinking it sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting- Slow Press Sauvignon Blanc

  Name : Slow Pess Sauvignon Blanc Variety : Sauvignon Blanc Region : Monterey, CA Year : 2016 Price : $6.95 Shop Review : This Monterey Cou...